So you have your source of inspiration and want to write something quickly to pass on a moral standpoint to your readers. How do you start? Let's have a go.
I'll be back!
Starting
I received a phone call, a cold call, and it gave me a good starting point for a poem I wrote last week, and it could also be used in a short story. So, my message,
'beware of the rapid rise of AI'
The first paragraph would begin with the initial conversation:-
"Hello,"
pause "My name is John. I am your local energy consultant."
"Sorry - not interested."
This is the point at which the imagination is fully engaged, and choices will be made as to what happens next. I hesitate to give examples, or I may do myself out of an idea! Suffice it to say that what comes next needs to be engaging for the reader. Something to take into consideration is that a 'cold call' ignored once will probably be repeated and will likely offer opportunities.
Once the beginning is set to your satisfaction, how the story develops is the writers' choice. I include the AI cop as a prompt to the imagination. In this scenario, you may end up with a visit from the AI policeman, which then leads to a need for explanation and further story development.
During this middle phase, a writer must manage an argument while describing actions and relationships. The argument is the alternative moral viewpoints you hope to convey to your readers. Obviously, you will come down on the side you wish to convey in your conclusion. That is the clarity with which you would hope to conclude the story.
God Bless


No comments:
Post a Comment