Thursday, August 17, 2023

Poetry Thursday 1 - HQG

 Sometimes you just have to let the imagination wander where it will.



HQG

 

When I saw him in the yard,

I stared at him right hard

as he was no bigger than a 12 year old,

pulling on a pipe.

His daughter was almost six feet tall,

but there he was suited and booted,

her much loved dad Ron

who was no bigger than a leprechaun.






 

And as I crested the brow of the hill,

a whooshing sound made me feel quite ill,

I paused before taking another step

on my elevated road.

Needs must being what it is

I continued in spite of the rain,

and was faced with a puffing steam train.

© David L Atkinson August 2023 


God Bless 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poetry Thursday 46 - Moon's a Balloon

  Some describe people who behave slightly differently as being ruled by the moon.  History suggests we all are.  Where do you fit?  The Moo...