Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Poetry Thursday - 14 - Green Horse

 One of the beauties of being a writer is that you allow your imagination free rein to go where it will. The poem below was inspired in me over a few short hours and began with a dream from which I awoke at 3am the other morning.




Green Horse

 

Last night I dreamt of a green horse swimming in a lake

I had to splash water in its face to keep it in my wake

We landed here in Amsterdam for its low-lying shore then

I mounted the horse and rode it all the way to Elsinore.

 

Welcomed by the Danes,

a friendly people, although they were astonished,

as riding a green horse was behaviour to be admonished.

 

We continued traveling on

until we crossed the Rubicon

where the way the local people spoke

to the green horse sounded like a joke.

 

Green horse was disinclined to laugh,

and so we followed Caeser’s path,

sought out the rather comforting charms,

of resting in sweet Mary‘s arms.

© David L Atkinson November 2023 






God Bless 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing - Levels of Thought

    When you actually begin to write your book or your story, and you look at your plan and begin to put things down on paper or on the co...