Monday, August 3, 2026

Writing - Scenarios

 Writing allows you to explore the imagination as well as your personal experiences. In fact, you can grab many opportunities to flex your writing muscle. The idea below was manufactured and is good practice for a variety of scenarios.



TWILIGHT

 

There’s something quite magical sitting outside on a warm summer's evening at the end of the day. Hearing the occasional car taking someone home after a long day,  and a train uttering its mechanical litany through the valley on a journey to wherever.

The air is still and cool but comfortable.  Solar-powered garden lights glow gently amongst dark flowers that will burst out bright in tomorrow's sunlight.

There is little that moves. A dark flitting shadow streaking across the eyeline  - a hunting bat. 




Although I didn't always write a paragraph describing every scenario I've used in the creation of the Steele novels, I have very detailed memories that I'm fortunate enough to be able to recall. It might be that some writers create a database of such snippets, and it could be useful for stories and articles. 
This exercise also provides me with spines for some of the poetry that I write. 

God Bless 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing - Scenarios

  Writing allows you to explore the imagination as well as your personal experiences. In fact, you can grab many opportunities to flex your ...